Known as the “English Tourte” James Tubbs is one of the most celebrated bowmakers in Europe. Born in 1835, he initially received his training under his father, Willaim Tubbs Jr. and worked at his shop til 1860. James then moved onto working at the W.E. Hill & Sons shop around the same time. After a few years, his relationship with the Hill firm soured, and settled at 94 Wardour Street in 1872.
This particular bow still dons the original silver fittings- tip plate, fully lined frog, solid button and mother of peal eye and slide. Stamped Jas Tubbs